June 17, 2021
Boston Lighting Agents Announce Merger
The New England lighting market sees more changes
Two lighting agents in the Boston metro area are merging – Illuminate and Omnilite. The effective date is July 1, 2021. The newly-combined agency will increase the coverage for its manufacturers while broadening the lighting & controls product offerings to customers in the Greater Boston market. Here are some of the highlights of each agency:
- Illuminate was founded in 2014 with an initial focus on architectural lighting manufacturers in Greater Boston.
- Through a flurry of business moves over the last 7 years, the agency has expanded to cover all six New England states and is part of Yusen Associates, an electrical products manufacturers' representative that has long-represented Lutron and other electrical products throughout New England.
- Illuminate represents Hubbell Lighting, Lutron and many well-respected architectural lighting manufacturers throughout New England.
- According to the Yusen website, the entire agency employs 93 people.
- Founded in 1961, Omnilite’s past includes partnerships with Lighting Corporation of America (LCA), Hubbell Lighting and Juno Lighting Group.
- Omnilite currently represents Cree Lighting, multiple Leviton lighting & controls brands, Williams and many other well-respected architectural lighting manufacturers.
- Based in Burlington, MA, Omnilite has maintained its territory focus on Greater Boston and Rhode Island.
- According to the company website, Omnilite has a team of 24 people.
Below is the announcement from Illuminate:
We are excited to announce that Omnilite and Illuminate are joining forces. The merger will take place on July 1st 2021. The combination of the two organizations' lighting and control technical expertise, along with the quality of the manufacturers both companies represent, will allow us to bring the most complete lighting solution to the New England market. In addition, we are confident we will be able to provide our customers with an even higher level of service than we were able to achieve in the past. We are very grateful for all the support Omnilite and Illuminate have received over the years and we will continue to work hard to earn your business as we move into the future.
Initially, Omnilite and Illuminate will continue to operate as they have in the past but will coordinate their interactions with customers in the market. We will gradually combine our operations and sales teams so we can operate as one by year’s end. Please continue to reach out to the same people that you currently work with in the two agencies. Our goal is to minimize any service interruptions. We believe by merging slowly and thoughtfully we will be able to provide a high level of service throughout the transition.
Thank you very much for all your support in the past and we look forward to an even brighter future!
The Omni-Lite & Illuminate Team
Don’t miss the next big lighting story…
Click here to subscribe to the inside.lighting InfoLetter