SCI Lighting Solutions
San Diego, CA
A C&I Sales Representative is responsible for marketing, promoting and profitably selling lighting and lighting controls solutions to our wholesale distribution and electrical contractor customers. The primary responsibilities will be to solicit project bids, negotiate existing projects and consult on design build projects utilizing manufacturer products and services represented by our firm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining key relationships with project managers, estimators, sales reps and principals of the electrical distributor, electrical contractor, and manufacturer.
- The objective of this position is to have the maximum capture rate of the distributors’ and contractors’ project business while maintaining profitability.
- Coordinate between the electrical distributor, contractor, manufacturer and SCI Quotations, Sales and Specification teams to provide a complete and competitive bid package.
- Make regular sales calls on electrical wholesalers, helping them manage their inventory, convert competitive stock lines, and promote any promotions set forth by SCI manufacturers.
- Initiate product presentations of new lighting and control technologies for customer base.
- Formulate plans for following up on bids to generate orders.
- Responsible for arranging and filing supporting bid and order documents.
- Responsible for quote clean-up, including submittal creation/review, part number and cost verification.
- This individual will be responsible to maintain and continue their education on new technologies as they are developed and introduced to SCI and the marketplace.
- Regular sales meetings.
Skills and Specifications
- This individual should have a complete and thorough understanding of all the SCI product lines, LED and lighting control technology, and pricing structures.
- Possess the ability to present and communicate effectively in-group settings.
- Should hold the capacity to manage budgets and time lines to meet strict deadlines.
- Should possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, which will help this individual coordinate among different divisions.
- Experience working with other Lighting and Controls Companies.
- Be able to present effectively in front of a group of customers.
- Has a strong background in computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Bluebeam and show the ability to learn new CRM systems.
Education and Qualifications
- The ideal candidate for this position will reside in San Diego.
- A strong background in Electrical Systems and Lighting Control Systems along with a Bachelor’s Degree (required), preferably in Engineering, Architecture, or Business.
- Compensation Plan and Benefits
SCI will provide a comprehensive compensation package commensurate with your experience and qualifications. SCI also offers a 401k program, profit sharing, bonus program, and our Health Insurance Program, Dental and Vision.
To Apply: Please include your resume and a cover letter
Apply Now »