Vode Lighting LLC
Remote - Central US
Founded in 2006, Vode Lighting is a privately held, rapidly growing architectural lighting manufacturer of specification-grade linear LED products. Vode is a design leader in an industry that is undergoing extraordinary change. The convergence of energy initiatives, an elevated awareness of design and staggering technological innovation makes working in the lighting and controls segment of the construction industry a very dynamic experience.
Our business is predicated on helping designers realize their vision for the built environment while being mindful of Earth’s environment. From these considerations, we engineer lighting solutions that are at once beautiful and practical, elegant and efficient, enhancing public, commercial and educational interior spaces.
For 15 years, Vode has been quietly building a world-class design and manufacturing organization based on innovation and service. We are customer oriented. The market has responded. Business is good. We are having fun. And there is still a lot to do…
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Director of Sales and Marketing
Direct Reports: None
Reporting to the Director of Sales and Marketing, and as part of a core sales team, Vode’s Central Regional Sales Manager (RSM) drives sales growth, profitability and market share in the Central Region US & Canada. This position is responsible for the selection, education and motivation of lighting representatives, guiding customers and industry professionals to promote and specify Vode for their projects.
Vode’s Central RSM is an outward-facing, creative-thinking, problem-solving, technical-minded, relationship-driven lighting expert who understands the personalities, styles and specification preferences of the lighting designer. This position brings demonstrated success and established relationships from the lighting industry; this role honors, respects and understands how an agency works and what values it brings to the project, as well as how to empower our customers’ value drivers. This position has knowledge and insights of market nuance, the built environment and the many construction phases -- including the economic drivers and dynamics within the architecture and lighting industries.
Vode’s Central RSM leverages a deep understanding of Vode’s product offering, with creative and powerful insights about how the products can be built and installed to transform spaces. With that, this position leans into partnerships with strong inside teams and the territory’s established customer base to create solutions to new and unique specifications.
Vode’s Central RSM is an ambassador of Vode’s value proposition in a high-volume and multi-faceted market that includes key lighting designers, architects and specifiers. This position has sensibilities towards the many constituents in the market that move our revenue-generating activity, projects and brand awareness forward… from the project scope-focused contractors and distributors, to the technical-focused specifiers and agents, and the space-enhancing design communities that we serve.
This is a remote opportunity. Ideal candidate lives in Greater Chicago area or major metropolitan area in Central/South Central United States.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience: Minimum five years’ experience of independent sales experience within the lighting industry. An impressive track record of closing sales, building loyalty, and managing a territory, as well as stellar presentation skills.
- Knowledge: Understanding of lighting industry, industry partners and lighting market. Training will be provided on internal Vode product, systems, processes, manufacturing capabilities, and design methodologies, as required for this position.
- Skills: Excellent communication of project and product details to a range of audiences. Strong business social network and first-rate social selling skills. Dazzling presentation skills both virtually and in person. Demonstrated knowledge of architectural lighting, the market dynamics, channels, competitive landscape, and the buyer journey. A natural A-team player with outstanding relationship-building skills, positive, supportive, and willing to lead by example. Entrepreneurial and responsive, always one step ahead, anticipating customer needs and thinking of innovative ways to drive sales.
Specific Position Duties
- Develop and manage a sales plan for the Central Region in line with company goals.
- Drive loyalty and growth with our agent partners by coaching, developing, motivating, recruiting, and holding them accountable for performing at the highest possible levels.
- Build and maintain a pipeline of sales opportunities to exceed sales targets.
- Select, maintain, train, and develop sales agencies in the territory - establishing targets, reviewing revenue, project & quotes performance with them on a regular basis.
- Be a Vode subject matter expert for the Central Region.
- Lead and facilitate virtual and in-person demonstrations and training for Lighting Designers, Architects, and Specifiers.
- Provide guidance, direction, motivation, and support to the Vode customer service team and appointed Vode agents in the designated territory.
- Work with agency representatives to close opportunities, push projects forward, navigate value engineering exercises and provide visibility of the project funnel for planning and operations.
- Track large and significant architectural projects in the central region, building an extensive network with the Lighting Design and Architectural community.
- Provide technical expertise, product guidance, and application knowledge to customers and agent representatives.
- Maintain customers, prospects, opportunities, and status updates within the Hubspot CRM platform.
- Collect and communicate industry trends and competitive activity within the territory to Vode management including; market trends, distribution patterns, consumer and trade attitudes, competitive practices, and product intel.
- Provide training, information and documentation support, and trouble-shooting assistance in coordination with the customer service team.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting as requested.
- Responsible for the Central Region territory (U.S. and Canada) - up to 75% regional travel within the territory.
- Other responsibilities as determined by business, team & territory needs.
Internal and External Relationships
- Internal: All Vodarians -- including/especially the Partners/Owners, greater Sales team, Customer Service, Marketing, Design and Engineering.
- External: Vode market partners and design network to include sales agencies, principals, lighting designers, architects and specifiers, contractors, distributors and suppliers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. The employee must occasionally crouch, stoop, or reach. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position is regular-status, full-time and salaried/exempt. Hours of work are generally Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. PST. Early morning, evening, and weekend work may be required as business needs demand.
- Total rewards include base salary, variable incentive plan and employee benefit plan participation (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation time, sick time, and 401K with employer matching).
- Vode Lighting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply Now »