Armstrong World Industries
As our Market Segment Manager, Lighting, you will guide and influence marketing and sales activities for AWI’s interaction with the lighting market segment. You will develop and implement the lighting segment growth strategy and drive a value proposition with marketing actions, sales engagement and partner relationships to support AWI growth and profitability targets.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas. With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
For more than 150 years, we have built our business on trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we're here to serve - our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It's an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we're committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop value propositions and sales strategies that help AWI’s commercial teams effectively engage architects, lighting designers and partners inside the lighting segment.
- Identify and assist in the development and closure of new sales and customers with AWI’s commercial teams
- Create processes and conduct reviews that drive accountability at the regional field sales level
- Manage the integrated lighting sales pipeline and dashboard, in conjunction with commercial sales, to ensure AWI’s success in closing opportunities.
- Develop marketing strategies and programs that deliver sustained year-over-year growth and increase segment penetration
- Monitor media and events to gain a strong understanding of current and future market trends related to lighting design and innovation
- Develop and maintain key industry relationships and cultivate a reputation as a voice of knowledge within the lighting segment
- Function as the key knowledge expert for engagement and communication with AWI’s lighting partners
- Act as Armstrong’s expert in the lighting segment and execute strategic market analysis that clearly defines the segment’s growth opportunities
- Develop a multi-year vision for the lighting segment that addresses customer needs, aligns with market trends and inspires the organization
- Identify market opportunities for new products and services that align with the multi-year vision, and influence product marketing teams and internal stakeholders to ensure effective execution of new offerings related to Armstrong’s integration roadmap and growth pipeline
- Influence the lighting segment portfolio and utilize business acumen to work with sales and marketing to drive growth and profitability targets
- Manage budgets against annual targets
- Develop sound, articulate training and communications plans which support the segment strategy
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in the building construction/building products industry with a focus in Lighting
- Demonstrated expertise in the lighting industry segment and specification selling with knowledge of lighting trends and industry players
- Ability to read and interpret reflected ceiling plans and project plans
- Demonstrated sales experience or management
- Expertise in marketing, customer insights or product commercialization in the building products industry
- Experience interfacing with internal cross-functional team members, external customers, and industry groups
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, coordinate and direct cross-functional resources in a positive manner
- Ability to influence, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization and with outside partners and customers
- Demonstrated creativity, intellectual curiosity, and focus on innovation
- Ability to anticipate, plan for, and manage potential roadblocks to continue progress towards milestones
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Lighting industry certifications or credentials
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Based in the Mid-Atlantic, New York City or New England regions (position will be remote, non-Lancaster based)
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation statement: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Apply Now »