We are looking for a Lighting Designer to work with our outside sales team in creating lighting layouts and presenting our lighting recommendations to architects, distributors and end users. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to be in a customer facing role, and enthusiastic personality, great attitude and will have to opportunity to grow within the company.
DMF Lighting designs, manufactures and distributes residential and commercial downlighting that’s easy to specify and intuitively simple. An engineering driven company, DMF stands out for our forward-thinking industrial design, responsive service, and deliverability of product.
- Analyze current lighting layout plans and determine how to optimize the layout for DMF solutions
- Create lighting design recommendation for projects with no lighting plan
- Oversee a team of lighting layout specialist and manage workflow to meet growing demand for DMF lighting services
- Develop and deliver outstanding customer training presentations in person and on-line
- Prepare presentations and lighting resource documents for stakeholders, highlighting design intent and product features
- Collaborate with our marketing team to create impactful messaging and materials
- Consult on DMF lighting projects with design and construction team
- Support and train junior lighting designers on layouts
- Experience using SolidWorks, AutoCAD and DIALux
- Understands IES lighting requirements
- Knowledgeable with lighting features including photometry, CCT, CRI, footcandles and lumens
- Able to use Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills. Must be able to interact and communicate with our customers and other departments within the company via phone, email and in person
- Great attention to detail
- Time management to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Positive attitude
Experience and Education
- 4-year architecture, design or engineering degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 4+ years of lighting design experience
- Experience with lighting design in both the commercial and residential lighting industry preferred
- Understanding of Lighting Design process
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance.
About DMF Lighting:
Our in-house R&D lab is filled with brilliant engineers always at work improving our products and inventing new ones. They understand that light is more than illumination; it is what makes a space beautiful useful and ultimately livable. DMF engineers create products that deliver exceptional performance and aesthetics while also saving you time and money year after year. That same ethos animates every part of our company from our tireless customer service to our fast, intelligent distribution. Founded 30 years ago in Southern California, today DMF is a major lighting manufacturer dedicated to pushing the limits of LED lighting technology. DMF offers an excellent compensation package including a flexible schedule, paid vacation, healthcare, 401k, all within an energizing environment and family-like culture.
Apply Now »