Orion is seeking an experienced Product Manager to join our team due to growth in our organization! The primary purpose of the Product Manager position is to execute product development initiatives based on a defined scope, schedule, and budget. The position is responsible for product life cycle management from concept to phase out, execute or leverage resources to deliver product family road map, and strive to be a product leader in the market. Orion’s work culture is highly based on teamwork and requires support of team members to leverage all skills sets to arrive at Orion’s full potential. The position will work cross-functionally throughout the organization, as well as interface with external customers to promote the company and assist with new product development activities.
Orion enables business to digitize and reduce carbon footprint by providing innovative LED lighting systems and turnkey project implementation including installation and commissioning of fixtures, controls and IoT systems, ongoing system maintenance and program management. Orion systems utilize patented design elements to deliver industry-leading energy efficiency, enhanced optical and thermal performance and ease of installation, providing long-term financial, environmental, and work-space benefits to a diverse customer base, including nearly 40% of the Fortune 500.
We are looking for enthusiastic, articulate team members. We are driven, passionate and committed. We work hard and celebrate our wins. Our culture and values are unmatched, and we are fully committed to being the best. If your goal is to be part of an organization that is doing great things in a fast-paced environment with great rewards, then Orion is the right place for you.
- Manage day to day products and projects assigned to maintain products current to market conditions; ensure needed features and products are competitive to market.
- Coordinate and manage internal and external resources to execute and complete New Product Development (NPD) roadmap projects and sales opportunity projects according to the project scope, budget, and timeline.
- Manage files, information flow, and maintain strict confidentiality on NPD information as required by company policy and management’s directive.
- Execute projects from inception to launch in collaboration with Plant Engineering and all other impacted departments.
- Create individual product category road map with phase out plan.
- Determine reasonable roadmaps and deadlines for new products and product enhancements.
- Responsible for custom design and product groups assignments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors to define, design, and deliver new products, technical solutions, and enhancements that work cohesively and meet the needs of the company, its clients, and the end users.
- Work with Purchasing to interact with approved vendors to understand component products and set specifications for required components.
- Define quality and reliability expectations for the components.
- Support technical marketing resources to deliver accurate and timely technical documentation resources; including photos, spec sheets, instruction sheets, and website information.
- Support custom or assigned products/projects to meet the Company needs of speed to market and serve the customer.
- Live out Orion’s Core Values of integrity, respect, flexibility, and customer promise.
- Demonstrate a commitment to workplace safety through observing Orion and OSHA safety standards.
- Support the Orion commitment to maintain a respectful workplace through demonstrating respectful interactions with all members, clients, suppliers and other business partners; addressing and/or reporting actions that are counter to our respectful workplace.
- Perform other duties as assigned per department needs and requirements.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Product Development capacity as a Project Leader, or similar role
- Proficiency in SolidWorks software is preferred; must have some knowledge and experience with software or related
- Prefer experienced lighting design experience; lighting design knowledge is required
- Lighting or electrical industry experience is required
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to perform in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment and manage ambiguity and complexity
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Must continually demonstrate a very strong attention to detail, careful execution of tasks, and maintaining high standards of integrity
- Effective multi-tasker with outstanding organizational skills; capability to manage and prioritize multiple requests; work on multiple, concurrent projects with daily objectives
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business acumen, and exemplary work ethics with confidence in interacting with members at all levels
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibits persistence and diligence in bringing projects to closure
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Excel and PowerPoint experiences are required
- No sponsorship is provided for position
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply Now »