Cree Lighting is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on LED Engineer to maintain and support industry leading LED based lighting products. Individual will work within cross functional groups consisting of electrical, mechanical, & optical engineers, product development and global contract manufacturing partners to qualify and support high volume products in production. A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that can work in a Team Oriented Goal Driven environment with a proven ability to work around technical obstacles and implement practical solutions.
- Project ownership for Light Engine development for indoor products.
- Defining and leading the activities of design, prototyping, build verification, and volume production ramp support.
- Performing photometric testing & product validation activities.
- Identify, initiate and implement continuous improvement solutions for process optimization, cost reduction, and yield enhancements across product lines in production.
- Perform technical risk analysis and action plan generation to ensure on-time, zero defect product launches.
- Providing LED technical leadership to the project team members.
- Leveraging of internal and external supply chains including new vendor and internal solid-state lighting development teams to meet product requirements and timelines.
- The candidate should be able to rapidly extend individual engineering capabilities per specific project needs.
- BS or advanced degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Photonics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related fields
- Minimum 8 years of industry experience, preferably in a product or technology development capacity
- Direct experience in one or more of the following areas is required:
- LED or other optoelectronics characterization
- LED packaging development including materials selection and process qualification
- High volume module assembly including areas such as component/die attach, reflow, underfill, wirebond, and singulation
- Semiconductor wafer fabrication process development and process integration
- Familiar with Solid State Lighting DLC & Energy Star requirements
- Expertise and fluency with engineering tools such as P-FMEA/DFMA/D-FMEA
- Ability to drive engineering efforts on more than one project at a time
- Exceptional communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong track record in producing innovative product solutions
- Ability to travel
Connect With Us!
Cree Lighting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Apply Now »