Provides support to promote and sell lighting products and services to customers. Responsible for achieving inside or outside sales revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to customer’s buying experience.
- Obtains orders by answering phone calls, verifies and enters items, shepherds orders to fulfillment, explains stock-outs and expected delivery dates.
- Identifies and solicits potential customers.
- Specifies products to meet customer requirements, needs and recommends inventory of products.
- Makes calls to customers and prospects.
- Assists account representatives find new sales opportunities.
- Prepares quotations, proposals, tenders, etc.
- Increases orders by suggesting related items, explaining features, and checking customer’s buying history.
- Follows up on logistics and expedites products to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Consults with customers after sale to resolve lighting problems and provide ongoing support.
- Prepares lighting designs and take-offs for customers and recommends lighting requirements.
- Prepares customer payback analysis.
- Supports customer energy rebate programs.
- Creates bill of materials from drawings and suggest alternates from preferred suppliers.
- Opens customer accounts by obtaining customer agreement and collecting customer information.
- Owns, qualifies and develops opportunities passed from marketing, outside sales and national accounts.
- Reviews reports to identify problems and take actions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Communicates new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Supports local sales. Trains and assists sales staff with product familiarity, new product development and related product technology.
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors and customers to achieve best outcomes.
- Reviews open customer order reports and takes action on open items.
- Uploads various documents into customer web-linked systems.
- Works with national lighting manager to develop regional strategy and execution.
- Understands national lighting plan, strategy and target markets in order to align regional sales plans.
- Builds pipeline to track sales activity and utilize for sales forecasts.
- Works with customer to develop return on investment (ROI) and lighting and controls strategy.
- Performs customer lighting audits, designs, and take-offs and recommend lighting solutions.
- Assesses customer needs and resources and recommends products.
- Works with branches on implementation of lighting programs and local lighting initiatives and events.
- Supports branch and regional lighting training with local manufacturer’s representative.
EXPERIENCE:Inside or outside sales in electrical wholesale - 3 years experience required
Track record of success in business to business sales - 1 year experience required
EDUCATION: High School Degree or Equivalent required
- In-depth knowledge of lighting products
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to convincingly persuade others as evidenced in personal and telephone interviews.
- Ability to clearly and effectively set and attain goals as evidenced by track record of setting goals, creating work plan, establishing reward, working diligently, measuring performance, adjusting as necessary and accomplishing goal.
- Strong computer skills.
- General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Outside Sales – Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job.
Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.Employee required to problem-solve. Employee required to communicate with the public.
Additional Details At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”
Apply Now »