Blue Bell, PA
WESCO is known for the best service and the best people, always going above and beyond to provide top-notch service to our customers. As a leading global provider of supply chain solutions, WESCO’s goal is to ensure that our customers have the products they need, when and where they need them — whether that is on a construction site or in a manufacturing plant. We back up those products with proven expert services that help companies increase efficiency and productivity, reduce costs, create safer workplaces, and achieve sustainability goals. If this is a culture you want to be a part of, we invite you to join WESCO, a place where inclusion and diversity is valued and continuous improvement is a way of life.
WESCO Energy Solutions (WES) is the partner of choice amongst ESCO’s, construction companies, management companies and private institutions because no one else has the depth of resources and expertise WES brings to any project:
- Industry leading experts in the latest lighting and control technologies
- Proven turnkey solution provider with over 50 years of experience
- Only complete solutions provider with an extensive North American footprint with more than 10,000 North American sites completedResponsible for directing multiple business functions related to overall profit and loss of the Organization, including day-to-day operations, including sales, marketing, operations, customer service, human resources, information technology, supplier relations, pricing and distribution.
- Leads administration of organization’s policies and procedures by planning, monitoring, communicating, delegating, coordinating, staffing, organizing, decision making, and maintaining budgets.
- Ensures service standards and product delivery meets demands of customer while increasing profitability.
- Provides strategic oversight for functional areas within business, including marketing, sales and service, inventory, human resources, information technology, product management and warehouse operations.
- Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities, presenting assumptions, and recommending objectives which will help WESCO grow the lighting and energy solutions business.
- Liaison with other businesses to promote awareness and engagement of the lighting business and to drive profitability, and partner on business strategic initiatives.
- Ensures development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Liaison and key spokesperson for business attending meetings with corporate management team to discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current status and conditions.
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with key provides and suppliers.
- Key sponsor and promoter for business’ key initiatives and strategies.
- Responsible for management and development of staff.
- Reviews analysis of activities, costs operations, and forecasts data to determine progress to objectives.
Oversees and leads key projects, processes, performance metrics, and data and analysis.
- Reviews operations and plans to meet sales planning requirements.
- Responsible for budget planning and implementation, capital expenditures, financial reporting and accounting analysis.
The Director & General Manager will also play a key role in:
- Advancing the culture of the WESCO Energy Solutions with a strong sense of urgency
- Mapping, assessing, and streamlining complex processes to enable improved profitability, service, and scalability
- Establishing, improving, and leveraging key metrics and key performance indicators to drive operational performance
- Reporting operational results in an accurate and reliable fashion
- Leading the adoption, implementation, and utilization of information technology resources
Leading annual budgeting of matters and making periodic reforecasts as needed
- Managing profit and loss function - 10 years required
- Experience in the turnkey lighting business including sales and P&L leadership – 5 years required
- Managing multi-department functions - 10 years required
- Succession planning, developing employees, human resource management - 5 years required
- Interacting and delivering results to executive leadership. - 5 years required
- Leading teams - 10 years required
- Financial management - 10 years required
- Revenue (sales) development and management - 10 years required
- Reorganizing or reviewing an organization to best meet demands of markets and results - 5 years required
Bachelors’ Degree in Business or related required; Masters’ Degree preferred
- Financial planning and strategy, and budgeting
- Business and management principles and practices
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Time management, prioritization, and delegation
- Decision making
- Communication and negotiation
General Office – Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
Employee required to organize and coordinate schedules.
Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
Employee required to problem-solve.
Employee required to communicate with the public.
Employee required to manage other employees.
Additional Details At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates ("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.”
Apply Now »