Remote Position-Home Office
Progress Lighting, a Division of Hubbell Lighting, Inc., is committed to providing a diverse selection of high-quality lighting fixtures. This has earned us the reputation as the #1 decorative lighting line among Builders and Remodelers. We're continually responding to the ever-changing needs of the lighting industry with extensive research and development programs that ensure our high standards of quality and innovation for home and commercial applications.
As an Account Manager, you will market our lighting products to new and existing accounts such as builders, contractors, lighting showrooms, electrical wholesalers and specifiers. You'll be supported by a success-driven team as you sell our products in the GA and SC markets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibility for coordinating sales activities for Progress Lighting’s residential product segment as established by the Company and the Regional Sales Manager
- Serves as coordinator for the Regional Sales Manager, builders, contractors, lighting showrooms, electrical wholesalers, developers and specifiers in traditionally residential applications, as well as, some commercial applications
- Responsibility for sales and coordination within the assigned region for the specific application development / sales / and installation for Progress Lighting’s products or services in the designated application
- Responsibility for providing, as needed, technical services / sales or presentation during the sales process
- Project management during the applicable project
- Product services or post-delivery application as needed
- Achieving or exceeding sales budgets assigned individually by the brands, and/or collectively by the company for both sales within the Region or other measures as needed to complete the project
- Implementing all marketing or other programs and new product introductions as required within the time frame allowed
- Completing weekly/ monthly reports and special assignments on or before due dates
- Maintain satisfactory call frequencies with all major customer responsibilities within the region
- Work in conjunction with other HLI personnel as necessary to secure orders
- Regional resource for training on the appropriate products or services with personnel as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Sales Manager
Skills and Experience
- A Minimum 5(+) years of lighting, builder/contractor or electrical sales is required.
- A BA/BS degree.
- Computer literacy is a must including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed.
- Experience writing and implementing business plans.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.