The Senior Lighting Engineer is responsible for the profitable delivery of effective lighting scope to client satisfaction on projects. The Sr. Lighting Engineer reports to the Lighting Engineering Manager. S/he works closely with project development team, including subcontractors and vendors, to perform lighting assessments and to develop lighting scope of work. The Sr. Lighting Engineer has significant knowledge in all aspects of lighting technology, including codes and standards. They are an excellent collaborator with the multiple team members internal and external who enable delivery of a successful lighting project. They are an excellent communicator, in training internal employees as well as making customer presentations concerning lighting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties.
- Design comprehensive lighting retrofits to meet expectations of the client.
- Calculate energy savings and estimate cost of lighting projects.
- Develop bid packages for labor, material, or turnkey lighting installation projects.
- Maintain relationships and identify appropriate subcontractors to contract with for the installation of the lighting scope of work.
- Provide leadership, guidance and oversight of any third party auditors employed to perform lighting audits and designs on projects.
- As workload permits and individual project needs dictate, audit customer facilities (from feasibility walkthrough to full investment grade audit) for lighting retrofits.
- Thoroughly review project submittals (both material and shop drawings) for approval.
- Collaborate with and advise installation project manager of potential project implementation challenges.
- Assist installation project manager in resolving install issues and customer concerns.
- Inspect installed scope as necessary to confirm delivered design value.
- Stay abreast of all lighting technology developments, including pricing, applications appropriateness for our projects, and research.
- Communicate knowledge periodically and on demand to fellow employees and customers through training events, tools, and in speedy response to questions.
- Convey our technology concerns and needs externally to providers (and fellow professionals as at industry events).
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the education, experience, skills and/or abilities required. An individual must meet the minimum requirements as listed in each Qualifications subsection.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS:
- Four-year college degree or technical degree and/or relative work experience LC and/or CLEP is preferred
- EIT, PE, Master’s Electrician License, and/ or CEM would be considered a plus
- Seven years relevant work experience in the lighting industry.
- Photometric calculation experience in either AGI32 or Visual 3DSKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of lighting technology and application
- Knowledge of lighting codes, standards, and industry construction knowledge
- Familiar with lighting audit and design simulation software
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and project management / organization skills, but not limited to the ability to:
- handle multiple demands and assignments
- prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
- manage resource procurement and utilization.
- influence and persuade internal and external Customers
- listen effectively and solicit input from others
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to travel greater than 25%.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including thorough knowledge of MS Excel
- Passionate about customer service and team success
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties. Moving over rough or uneven surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy to light items. Transporting of items such as a laptop computer and luggage; driving an automobile, etc.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the primary duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary duties. While performing the primary functions of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to a general office environment. During periods of project site visits, the employee will be exposed to outside weather conditions as well as mechanical equipment rooms, which could consist of confined spaces and loud noises. Employee may work in different environments while on various job sites. This job requires work to be performed on project sites and thus will necessitate remote office capabilities to continue to perform needed tasks.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
US-Virginia-Richmond, US-California-Costa Mesa, US-Alabama-Birmingham, US-Kansas-Lenexa