Western Lighting & Energy Controls
Western Lighting & Energy Controls has an immediate opening for an experienced Specification Salesperson. In this position, you would be a key part of our sales team.
The successful Specification Sales person will:
- Drive residential sales growth to meet yearly targets
- Build strong, lasting business relationships with key residential influencers such as interior designers, lighting designers, architects, builders and remodelers
- Generate lighting, lighting control and window systems specifications and produce technical drawings as well as budgetary proposals for specifiers and end users
- Prepare and present customer and influencer trainings, including CEUs and new product training
- Organize industry event to help further networking with key residential influencers
- Stay current with market trends and anticipate account needs and opportunities
- Stay current with all residential products and lighting solutions
- Generate required reports and management information to sales management
- Keep records and contact information in a professional manner, using Hubspot.com that can be shared with the sales team and management
- Actively participate in local trade associations to meet new influencers (e.g. AIA, ASID, BIA, NKBA)
- Surround project specifications thru effective communication with team members and other specifying or end user influencers
- Communicate proactively with all sales teams about other sales opportunities beyond the residential market within territory
- Keep accurate expense reports and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Stay aligned to Western Lighting & Energy Controls culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be persistent
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be a team player
- Be ethical
- 2-5 years sales or inside sales experience
- Lighting design experience is a plus
- Already established contacts within the Interior design, Architectural/construction industry preferred
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude to learn new channels, influencers, go to market strategies, products and total lighting solutions
- Requires valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance
About Western Lighting & Energy Controls
Western Lighting & Energy Controls has been the leading manufacturer's representative for lighting and lighting controls in Southern California since 1994.
We are not afraid to be different. Most lighting Representatives are focused on product lines. At Western we are focused on solutions and our people are passionate problem solvers.
The consistency in the way our team approaches lighting and control projects is what sets us apart. Our clients come to rely on our expertise and they trust that our solutions will build, modernize and manage any size project with solutions that are based on product knowledge and innovation.
We choose the product lines we believe to be the best, we become experts on our chosen brands and in doing so, are better able to serve our customers in a way that achieved maximum growth and success.
If you feel that this role would be the right fit for you or if you have any questions please send us your resume or contact Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org