Border States Electric
Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you’re empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
- Supports market objectives as defined by the Marketing Manager and primarily supports the lighting, lamp, controls, and complementary products categories within the Construction Market. Also supports other Market Segment Managers as required in marketing goals and Marketing Department initiatives.
- Supports Border States and supplier initiatives and communications consistent with strategic and marketing plan goals.
- Leads promotional development, facilitate communication and support of select marketing promotions.
- Prepares promotion follow up with quantitative analysis, coordinates rewards, and employee surveys to determine effectiveness.
- Achieves close working relationship with regional sales teams and regional sales and marketing coordinators.
- Serves as first point of contact ensuring branch support for market and vendor related questions and opportunities.
- Assesses supplier performance by comparing Border States results with available benchmark metrics (industry, product, market, and location).
- Achieves close working relationships with Inventory Planners and Pricing Associates to facilitate changes and updates to SAP data and costing.
- Works with sourcing and pricing teams to review new costs and ensures cost continuity with market levels.
- Evaluates inventory and analyzes inventory breadth and depth from a strategic, marketing perspective.
- Creates inventory templates for major lines.
- Assist in analyzing costs across company and compare against external sources.
- Tracks utilization of available marketing funds per assigned vendors.
- Coordinates, communicates and reinforces company preferred city desk practices, including product inventory, merchandising, displays and planograms.
- Drives internal communications with employees, including coordination with regional marketing resources/employees for area of responsibility.
- Monitors Vendor Programs resulting in maximization and ensures collection of related funds.
- Coordinates Affiliated Distributors (A-D) activities and effective utilization of A-D programs.
- Assists in setting up new suppliers, materials, and material groups in SAP.
- Attends and participates in meetings with suppliers.
- Assists in cost aggregation.
- Assists in collecting and maintaining content, including rich product catalog content, promotional collateral, supplier scripts, and portal text/images.
- Assists in documenting and accomplishing related action items.
- Supports various marketing events including but not limited to; annual marketing summits, supplier/customer events, and industry events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
- Minimum of a four-year degree preferred or the equivalent in work/industry experience. Solid lighting and lamp product knowledge, product application, and market knowledge required (or NAED EPEC Bronze+).
- Preferred certifications in at least one of the following categories: Lighting Certified (LC), Certified Lighting Designer (CLD), Certified Lighting Management Consultant (CLMC), Certified Lighting Controls Professional (CLCP), and Certified Lighting Efficiency Professional (CLEP)
- Sales experience preferred with emphasis in lighting.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP software.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free/Smoke Free Workplace
Apply online today at careers.borderstates.com