Greater Boston Area
$100K - $160K commensurate with experience, plus performance bonus
Reports to CEO
Established national lighting manufacturer outside Boston, MA has an excellent opportunity for a qualified Operations Manager. This rapidly growing custom lighting manufacturer offers sophisticated lighting design, superb craftsmanship, custom solutions, flawless installation and competitive pricing for commercial clients worldwide. Their expansive lighting collection spans from custom designed contemporary fixtures to elaborate hand-cut crystal chandeliers.
This company is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated operations executive who can help lead the organization through a period of rapid expansion.
- Responsible for operations and the strategic fiscal plan.
- P&L - Strong financial acumen with experience establishing Budgets, Forecasts and reporting regular fiscal performance to the CEO.
- Strategic Goals - improving overall Gross Margin and the reduction of Business costs. This will include goals and plans around the: optimization of capabilities and groups; improving market competitiveness; establishing increasing efficiencies and general business performance.
- Technical Experience– Experience with lighting manufacturing.
- Operational Excellence- Develop improved business KPI’s that reflect the current and future performance of the company. Develop a vision for the future with forecasts and plans for capital expenditure and headcount. Work closely with sales and accounting and establish future business plan scenario’s that promote greater market share and profitability.
- Establish/drive KPI metrics for measuring operational performance including on-time delivery, warranty returns, production cycle time, quote cycle time, supplier performance, total inventory and inventory turns, COGS, COPQ, etc. Review performance on a monthly basis and present to CEO and ‘all hands’ employees.
- Supply Chain- Establish clear strategic direction for purchasing and planning. Oversee supplier sourcing and execution, make/buy analysis, PPV and Inventory Turns. Establish Cost Center expense budgets each quarter and reduce periodic overall spending.
- Engineering- Direct all aspects for order configuration and; make every effort for efficient ‘right first time’ production. Facilitate technical discussions to ensure timely execution. Lead new product introduction meetings and ensure all possible scenarios have been challenged and documented prior to order release. Ensure maintenance of accurate databases identifying product configuration, process sheets, routers, BOM's, cost standards, lead times, and inventory utilizing business system.
- Quoting- Experience and knowledge with market pricing for lighting components. Ability to assess labor hours and processes in order to establish competitive pricing targets that grow existing capabilities and nurture new ones. Maintain and surpass current gross margin forecasts and ensure lead times are challenging and met.
- Program Management- Manage intercompany teams to track fiscal performance, monitor communication, pro-actively troubleshoot potential pitfalls, maintain constructive customer communication and develop new and existing business channels.
- Manufacturing Department oversight- Plan/direct/establish operating policies for prototype/production, manufacturing/procurement operations including production planning, scheduling, resource allocation (equipment and personnel) and materials management. Drive implementation of new processes/capabilities in support of strategic plans. Drive efficient flows of material throughout the factory, with emphasis on cost improvement, cycle time and production time reduction. Prioritize production schedules based on customer demand and strategic importance.
- Communication- Ability to cross multi-level boundaries within an organization in order to promote teamwork. This would include external customer interaction and building strong rapport with internal groups such as: Sales; Customer Service, Engineering; and Quality Assurance.
- BA/BS degree required in a business, science, or engineering discipline and 5+ years of experience in manufacturing operations management required.
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in lighting manufacturing operations management
- Strong operations management skills and experience serving customers.
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing methods, ISO9000 quality systems, and "best practice" manufacturing methods, a plus.
- Sound leadership, communication and team building skills: writing, presenting, active listening, group problem solving, delegating, empowering, motivating, training, organizing and leading.
- Must be team-oriented, assertive, and have strong organization skills.
- Must be a self starter, work independently, and take initiative.
- Excellent computer skills including experience using MS Office.
- Experience with ERP software systems and implementation, preferred.
- Experience managing Human Resources and talent acquisition required.
Please let us know if you are interested in applying for this position or can recommend qualified candidates. Kindly forward all inquires with the job title in the Subject Line to: email@example.com . To apply please include your resume as a Word.doc or PDF attachment. This search is time-sensitive. Thanks in advance for your interest. No phone calls please.