Greater Boston Area
$105K - $140K commensurate with experience, plus performance bonus
Reports to CEO
Established national lighting manufacturer outside Boston, MA has an excellent opportunity for a qualified Engineering Manager. This rapidly growing custom lighting manufacturer offers sophisticated lighting design, superb craftsmanship, custom solutions, flawless installation and competitive pricing for commercial clients worldwide. Their expansive lighting collection spans from custom designed contemporary fixtures to elaborate hand-cut crystal chandeliers.
This company is seeking an experienced engineering executive to manage all product engineering activities and day-to-day operations of the engineering team.
- Ensure all new products as well as all existing products meet company engineering standards.
- Lead and coach engineering team to assess manufacturing challenges and implement innovative process solutions in ongoing production and new product releases.
- Create and meet departmental strategic plans and tactics that align with company goals, while managing the annual departmental budget.
- Evaluate the use of existing and future technology in producing quality products.
- Participate in and drive continuous improvement relating to quality assurance, cost reduction, make/buy, and effective manufacturing solutions.
- Champion best practices through both new product introductions and improvements to current processes and products.
- Develop capital equipment justifications, evaluate options, select, procure, prove out and install equipment and tooling into the manufacturing operations.
- Plan and ensure the safety listing of all products.
- When necessary, prepare and present manufacturing/fabrication capabilities of the plants to customers and/or potential customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering; preferably mechanical or electrical
- 3+ years experience designing and manufacturing large, custom, decorative fixtures – greater than 10’ diameter.
- 5+ years in new product development (NPD), with specific experience in NPD process documentation, new product scheduling, planning and budgeting.
- Must have experience with sheet metal processing, including: laser cutting, precision bending, polishing of steel, stainless steel, and brass.
- 10 years in fabrication (incl. estimating/planning) of complex precision components
- A minimum of 3 years supervising engineering personnel, or equivalent.
- Proficient in Solid Works /CAD /CAM systems, typical Bills of Material, and Machining / Assembly methods. Solid understanding of manufacturing engineering and a broad understanding of contemporary processing and machining capabilities.
Please let us know if you are interested in applying for this position or can recommend qualified candidates. Kindly forward all inquires with the job title in the Subject Line to: email@example.com . Please include your resume as a Word.doc or PDF attachment. This search is time-sensitive. Thanks in advance for your interest. No phone calls please.