Reflex Lighting is the largest lighting agent in New England.
Our partnerships with over 100 leading manufacturers enable us to bring to market the most advanced lighting technology. Our unmatched selection of lighting products allows us to help architects and designers create lighting systems that are as energy efficient and cost effective as they are pleasing to the eye. We help contractors with every aspect of lighting implementation—from budgeting and bidding to on-site planning and installation— and provide distributors with the products, services, and knowledge they need to better serve their customers.
All of which comes down to this: whatever it takes, when it comes to lighting, we help make it happen.
In this highly critical Outside Sales role, the candidate will report to the President and will be responsible for developing and cultivating the Reflex brand within the design community through effective specification of the lighting products we represent within the Hartford market. The successful candidate will bring value to our customers, through a solutions based selling approach. Building relationships with each customer is a key component to success. We value teamwork and actively foster a collaborative environment, which is a critical part of closing each opportunity. All sales representatives are held to a high degree of accountability for performance. Product and sales training is provided as part of our on boarding process.
You will be joining a Company with an open culture in which employees feel comfortable communicating with everyone. The Company is seeking candidates who have a hands-on and collaborative approach and style.
- Continually increase the quantity and quality of specification projects within customer portfolio
- Manage key specifier relationships on a daily basis related to current & future project needs
- Utilize the spec support team for time-sensitive customer needs (ie. Photometrics, budgets, etc)
- Train the collective inside team as lessons are learned to leverage and grow overall knowledge base within the company
- Travel with our Manufacturer’s Regional Sales managers as needed throughout the year to showcase new products/technology to the design community
- Monitor manufacturer new product launches and get necessary training to effectively spec & sell the new technology
- Emphasize specification of our Focus Manufacturers to ensure we hit our annual sales goals
- Collaborate with the Distributor and Contractor Sales team to increase success on closing specification business
- Leverage Energy incentive knowledge and relationships to facilitate obtaining incentives for our collective customer base
- Sales, outside sales, product marketing, lighting, architectural engineering, and/or electrical engineering background
- Proven ability and success to hit sales goals
- Experience with Microsoft office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering and/or Architecture
- 3+ years of experience working in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to details with good analytical (mathematical) skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with peers, colleagues and customers at all levels
- Outstanding planning, organizational, and administration skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- The flexibility and experience required to adjust to the rapidly changing schedules and frequently shifting priorities in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A dynamic self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership and a positive, goal-oriented attitude. Able to manage multiple complex projects and issues simultaneously.
Reflex Lighting is an equal opportunity employer, to learn more about us visit www.reflexlighting.com