Facility Solutions Group
Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, and energy management solutions is expanding their staff and seeking a Commercial and Retail Lighting Designer to join the National Accounts team in Dallas, TX.
As a Commercial and Retail Lighting Designer you will create innovative commercial and retail lighting designs to promote energy efficient solutions, driving sales across a national market this may include, but is not limited to, site audits, mock-ups, code compliance reviews, and negotiating pricing. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, and be willing to work various hours to assure successful completion of project.
A Commercial and Retail Lighting Designer will:
- Develop and evalute photometric layouts using AGI32
- Evaluate design ideas based on aesthetics, safety, function, serviceability, and budget.
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients for approval.
- Create material quotes based on designs or takeoffs.
- Design custom lighting for unique applications.
- Training on new products, design techniques, and energy codes.
- Maintain high level of knowledge on ASHRAE, IESNA guidelines and Title 24
- Develop relationships with professional organizations to build business.
- Interact with Projects Department during the ordering and installation process.
- Obtain material pricing from agents or manufacturers.
- Create complete submittal packages which include cover page and sign-off sheet.
- Design controls layouts for interior or exterior projects.
- Perform site lighting audits for redesigns.
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Lighting Design or Business related field.
- Must have a minimum of three years’ experience and/or training in the lighting industry.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, AGi32, AutoCAD 2D and 3D, REVIT
- Must be able to read Blue Prints and perform take-offs.
- Understanding of IESNA design guidelines
- Able to read plans and perform take-offs
- Ability to multitask while staying organized
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Positive customer service skills
- Stable employment
- 401K Program with matching contribution
- Medical, Dental and Life benefits
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers.
FSG is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.