EYE Lighting International
EYE Lighting International of North America is a U.S. based manufacturing business located in Mentor, Ohio and a wholly owned subsidiary of Iwasaki Electric Co. Ltd., Tokyo Japan. Iwasaki is a vertically integrated lighting company, uniquely equipped to engineer, manufacture and maintain application specific lamps, ballasts, fixtures, and control software. Our innovative lighting technology is a culmination of years of global application lighting system experience.
EYE HORTILUX, a division of EYE Lighting International, designs and manufactures high-quality grow lamps and electronic ballasts. Our grow lamps and e-ballasts produce supplemental or artificial light for indoor horticulture applications.
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced sales and marketing professional to leverage her/his expertise and relationships with the EYE HORTILUX sales team. The Sales Manager for Canada will play a key role in business development, market share growth and sales to growers, retailers, distributors and agents in the Canadian market. The successful candidate will identify, establish and maintain relationships with retailers, distributors and agents in the horticulture market to successfully promote and sell the EYE HORTILUX brand. Including grow lamps, electronic ballasts, marketing materials and product knowledge for both the retail and commercial markets. Will also include consultation and education of retail staff, distributors and agents, participating in grand openings, customer appreciation events, vendor days and industry tradeshows.
- The successful candidate must have a valid U.S. Work Permit or be a U.S. Citizen and provide eligibility documentation in the United States.
- Fluency in French (Canadian) and English
- Must reside in the United States in a location adjacent to the territory. Preferably in a major metropolitan area surrounding Lake Erie in Michigan, Ohio or New York.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Business, Marketing or related field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience in the horticulture market; retail sales management experience or manufacturers rep is preferred. Can be C&I experience.
- Lighting and or lighting applications background either in the C&I or Horticulture market is helpful.
- Interest in and knowledge of horticulture, indoor gardening preferred.
- May consider an appropriate mix of education and experience.
- 50%+ travel is required
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing marketing and sales strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Proven track record of managing multiple, complex priorities within demanding time frames in a large territory.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to rent automobiles through rental agencies.
- Demonstrates the ability to build partnerships and influence both potential customers and colleagues across functional areas (marketing, engineering, operations & sales) to enable achievement of company and individual objectives.
- Excellent communicator who expresses consistency in words and actions; communicates directly and honestly.
- Maintains composure in difficult and/or high pressure situations; takes the unexpected in stride.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to deal with all levels of colleagues in the organization.
- Must demonstrate outstanding customer service, ability to consistently handle multiple priorities and deliver results.
- The successful candidate takes ownership and creates solutions and enjoys working “hands-on” in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude; communicate directly and honestly as demonstrated by previous work experience and performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is a role model for expected performance on the job.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications as well as social media platforms.
To express your interest in joining our team, send your resume to: email@example.com
EYE Lighting International of North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EYE HORTILUX® is the #1 recognized hobby horticulture lighting brand and provides gardeners the ability to garden 365 days a year in a controlled, indoor environment. EYE HORTILUX® also provides expert grow lamp advice, professional tips and useful information to help you make educated decisions regarding your HID lighting needs.