Product Development Engineer - Controls: New Mexico
We have been contracted by a privately held, cutting-edge lighting company that is rapidly growing. They create a wide range of indoor / outdoor products and controls for the distribution and specification markets. Furthermore, they provide premium products to a variety of sectors. They establish themselves from the competition by innovation, reasonable prices, and quick delivery.
We are looking for an Engineer with a strong Electrical background who also has some mechanical design experience. You will be focused on developing new control systems, designing, testing, and launching new products. You will be responsible for creating system architecture, working with management teams, defining new product requirements, and mapping the requirements into technical performance specifications. You will work closely with Manufacturing Operations to bring new product designs through prototyping, testing, certification, and product launch.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering CAD/CAM software
- Design experience using Solid Works, Pro-E, Solid Edge - a plus
- PCB design experience using Altium, PADS PCB, OrCAD or equivalent design software - a plus
- Strong lighting controls experience, DALI protocols a plus
- Understanding/knowledge of lighting basics, solid state lighting, LED - a plus
- Five years of related industry experience
Contact us if you are ready to be part of a committed team for the long term.