Applications Engineer:  Lake Oswego, OR
Kelvix is an LED lighting solutions manufacturer that provides industry-leading customer service and support to agents, lighting specifiers, distributors, and electrical contractors.
- Dedicated to the Kelvix Way, upholding our service expectations no matter the obstacle.
- Committed to service that stems from a place of gratitude.
- Active collaborators who work in partnership with our customers to achieve exceptional outcomes.
- Innovative and creative solutions providers.
- Experts, teachers, and learners, striving to improve and grow to provide the highest standards of customer experience.
If these values resonate with you and you’re looking to work with a positive, flexible, and growing team, let’s chat!
This position reports to the VP of Creative Development and works closely with all members of the team.
- Communicate with customers to provide technical support and guidance that goes above and beyond
- Aid in administering training to employees about complex lighting processes and protocols
- Provide basic lighting control support and organize project-specific programming for controls as needed
- Using CAD and 3D modeling tools, generate detailed, project-specific documentation and renders to clarify product installation locations and methods
- Be open to traveling on site to assist in troubleshooting and project start up.
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering field or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills for sales relations and customer support
- Proficiency in AutoCAD or similar CAD software
- Proficiency in Rhino or similar 3D modeling software
- Previous lighting experience preferred (Architectural, Theatrical, etc.)
- Experience reading and/or editing blueprint plans
- Experience with lighting control protocols (DMX, 0-10V, ELV, etc.)
- Experience with IES files and lighting calculations (AGI32 or equivalent)
- Competitive pay with opportunity for advancement
- Full medical, dental & vision benefits
- Flexible time off with 7 paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- STD, LTD, life insurance
- Company 401K contribution of 3.0% begins 1 month after employment (no employee match required)
- Annual performance-based bonuses
Job Type: Full-time, exempt
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Closing date: 8.5.2022
Kelvix is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.