Videndum Production Solutions
Technical Sales Manager, Cinema and Rentals Lighting:  Shelton, CT or Remote
Job Title: Technical Sales Manager, Cinema and Rentals Lighting
Reporting To: VP of Sales, the Americas
Location: Shelton, CT or Remote (East coast preferable, Open to Mid/West candidates.)
This role combines sales and technical skills to execute and exceed the agreed sales and profit targets for the Litepanels/Quasar business within the defined customer base and/or territory. The role will work alongside the key account and/or regional sales team having responsibility for the sales of Litepanels/Quasar products and supporting the promotion of Litepanels/Quasar products in multi-brand sales opportunities. The incumbent will be responsible for building strong relations with key lighting stakeholders within key accounts and with key lighting market influencers within their defined customer base and/or territory.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- The primary function is to ensure the continued revenue growth of Litepanels/Quasar products within the defined customer base and/or territory and to support sales opportunities, as needed.
- To develop and execute the sales plans for Litepanels/Quasar product for key accounts both direct and indirect, identifying, and qualifying sales opportunities, and ensuring that these opportunities are developed through the sales pipeline to closure.
- Serving as a product expert for Litepanels/Quasar, the sales development manager is required, throughout the conception and design of the Litepanels/Quasar products, to gain knowledge of the products functionality and sales differentiating abilities and will be required to support sales managers and partner channels on these differentiating abilities.
- The sales development manager will work with the key account sales team and channel partners accompanying them to client meetings to understand the customers’ requirements and assist in selling of the Litepanels/Quasar solution best suited to the client’s needs.
- Working with key account managers and marketing, the sales development manager will execute the agreed go-to-market sales initiatives, interfacing directly with internal departments, external customers, and channel partners alike.
- The sales development manager is required to develop an understanding of local customer requirements for the Litepanels/Quasar products, providing customer input to product management and the design engineering team on potential limitations and suggested product improvements to ensure that the Litepanels/Quasar products remain competitive in the marketplace.
- Implementing the sales strategy in the defined territory. Regular, pro-active personal communication with customers and end-users.
- Prospecting for Litepanels/Quasar sales opportunities within the defined customer base and/or territory.
- Direct and personal follow up of appropriate Litepanels/Quasar sales leads
- Qualifying and responding to Request for Proposals or Quotations relevant to the Litepanels/Quasar products and solution offering from customers, other sales team members, and channel partners.
- Negotiating contractual and commercial terms & conditions in consultation with the account owner.
- Providing the technical and product information required for the key account owner to effectively respond to multi-brand tenders, bids and proposals.
- Develop a consultative relationship with both management and operational staff within customer accounts and prospective customer accounts.
- Undertake on-site “consultancy style” visits to clients to advise and assist in their choice of products.
- Gain strategic information about client’s business and the industry to help anticipate market trends.
- Creating and regularly updating sales opportunities using the tools provided by the company (Salesforce.com) for this purpose.
- Developing and executing sales strategies to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets.
- Providing customer feedback into the organization in an organized manner
- Developing senior level relationships with key end-user influencers and consultants to maximize sales.
- Understanding and keeping up to date with the relevant Litepanels/Quasar offerings.
- Participation in trade shows, client conferences, broadcast, and other appropriate events
- Understanding of and ability to access Vitec Production Solutions systems and resources to progress the sales process
- Supporting management in defining the strategic midrange (1-3 years) performance outlook
- Joining and contributing to appropriate professional bodies, organizations, and events to ensure that Vitec lighting products are represented in a professional manner.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Business Development, Regional Sales, Technical Sales or Product Management / Product Marketing role ideally within the broadcast, film and cinema or high-technology industry.
- Strong commercial background, with a successful track record of planning and executing on go-to-market strategies and delivery of revenue targets
- Technically minded and capable with ability to absorb technical aspects, information, and arguments quickly.
- Cultural understanding, sensitivity, and ability to adapt style to fit with different cultures. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong self-motivator and natural leader, able to drive towards a target and bring others with them
- Able to work under pressure and manage time and resources effectively
- Strong IT skills including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and CRM systems
- Fluency in one or more other languages prominent in the region.
- Experience of the Film and Video Production business - Gaffing Experience
- Strong technical background.
Please note that this job description is not an exhaustive list of the duties that you may be required to perform, and the company reserves the right to make amendments to the job description at any time, which may include adding or removing items from the list of duties outlined above.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home