Customer Service Representative:  Chicago, IL
To provide customer service support to the organization by obtaining, analyzing and verifying the accuracy of order information in a timely manner. To initiate and/or implement corrective action as needed in order to ensure that an excellent standard of service and a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained. Prepares customer service summary reports, as well as daily and monthly sales totals. Coordinates and handles difficult and/or unusual situations between customers and sales agencies. Properly communicates and enforces the company’s policies and procedures with all outside contacts.
- Respond to incoming queries from agents and customers.
- Answer telephone and emails and route to appropriate individual.
- Receive process and verify the accuracy of customer quotes, orders and returns according to established departmental policies and procedures.
- Set up and maintain customer files.
- Initiate required action for response to customer service requests for changes to existing quotations and orders, including the maintenance of order/customer information files and communicates changes to the appropriate personnel/departments.
- Make outbound contact via telephone and email when required to provide customers with timely and accurate information.
- Receive process and fulfill customer requests for literature and samples.
- Track shipments and provide customer with BOL number and Proof of Delivery information.
- Provide product and/or service information to assist customers in making a decision about a product to specify and/or buy.
- Work closely with the credit department to resolve disputed credit items.
- General filing
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- Minimum two years’ experience working in the specification grade lighting industry in any of these departments: Customer service, project management, quotations.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as a friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Excel and Outlook and any MRP/ERP software
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a multi-task work environment
- 5 years of customer service
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Time Management
- Communication Proficiency – written and verbal
- Teamwork and Cooperation Orientation
- Technical Capacity defined as ability to learn company’s product catalog.
- Must possess a strong sense of priorities.
- Ability to Multi-task
- Documentation Skills
- Quality Focus
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Must work well under pressure
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Other tasks/duties include working on the assembly line at least one day per week for the first three months of employment
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previously worked in the lighting industry
- Experience with lighting schedules and product specification sheets
Position Type and Expected Hour of Work:
This is a full time positon. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday. 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Immediate Supervisor: General Manager
Interested to learn more? Please email a resume in confidence to employment@Kurtzon.com