Employer: A NYC-based Lighting Designer/Manufacturer
Mid-level Design/Engineer:  New York
We are a high-end NYC-based lighting design/manufacturer at the forefront of the sustainability movement. We are looking for a Mid-Level Industrial Designer to join our team.
This position requires at least 2-3 years previous experience designing light fixtures, strong Solidworks and Adobe Suite skills, strong lighting industry knowledge, strong physical prototyping skills, excellent communication skills, and a passion for the collaborative design process.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering is highly preferred or equivalent work experience
- Basic electrical circuitry knowledge required.
- Take concepts and ideation into 3D CAD and maintain design intent through to production, for both new designs and redesigns of legacy products.
- Employ prototyping methods to verify design robustness.
- Assist in product certifications (e.g. UL, EPD, etc).
- Create documentation (checklists, processes) to capture every aspect of the product development process
- Communicate with vendors
- Develop instructions and drawings for production dept.
- Design of jigs and fixtures to assist in assembly
- Update quality control manual
- Help fulfill standard orders and/or custom orders as required
- Excellent organization, self-motivation, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing priorities
- Critical thinking with the ability to foresee problems and suggest solutions
Qualified applicants, please submit your resume for consideration.
The company name is being kept confidential at this time, but all applications are immediately sent directly to the employer.