Field Service Technician:  Southern California
Kore Controls, operating as the regional sales representative for Crestron Commercial Lighting Control systems in Los Angeles and surrounding counties, is looking for a self-motivated individual to join the team as a Field Service Technician. If you are professional and a customer-focused individual, we want to hear from you.
We offer very competitive pay based on experience and qualifications. Training is available for the right candidate interested in increasing their skill set.
Field Service Technicians are responsible for guiding electrical contractors through the installation and configuration of Crestron Lighting Control systems. Once installed, the technician is responsible for the start-up of the systems, loading software, verifying installation, and configuring settings. Responsibilities include pre- commissioning meetings, systems start-up and verification, project coordination, consultation, site evaluations, problem solving, repair, customer service and any other duties deemed necessary.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide support and consultation to clients by performing site evaluations, reviewing drawings with contractors and instructing contractors on best practices for successful systems installation and start-up
- Perform systems start-ups by confirming installation, loading software, testing controls, and configuring devices
- Communicate directly with clients and team members through site inspection reports, trip reports, and technical documentation
- Assist designers and programmers with project and quote documentation
- Process all project paperwork including field reports, billing logs and time sheets
- Provide warranty or maintenance service on existing projects
- Position will require travel throughout Los Angeles and surrounding counties, and occasionally out of state for up to two continuous weeks
Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years of experience with Crestron equipment and software or 3+ years of experience with other commercial lighting products
- Basic knowledge of electrical and low voltage systems including signal flow, cabling standards, installation, and equipment functionality
- Basic understanding of programming logic and ability to troubleshoot software (programming experience not required)
- Working knowledge of Uniform Building Code and construction
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to read and interpret designs, wiring schematics, technical documentation, architectural drawings, and project submittals
- Strong communication skills to professionally interact with clients and team members
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Attention to detail and strong desire to exceed customer expectations
- Ability to think and work independently and meet necessary deadlines
- Ability to work extended hours or irregular hours if needed
- Ability to train customers and end user(s)
- Complete safety training, drug screening, and wear PPE as required to meet or exceed customer, industry, general contractor, and local jurisdiction requirements
- Must be able to work off a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 and move up to 75 lbs.
- Must have valid driver’s license and able to legally operate a passenger vehicle
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need
- The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and the scope of the position may change as necessitated by business demands