Regional Sales Manager:  Manhattan
Established 25 years Lighting Manufacturer! Growing Company!
East Coast Regional Sales Manager
Base Salary: $200K
Medical (PPO, HSA), Vision, Dental, FSA, FSA Dependent Care, 401K match, Life & ADD, LTD, STD, EAP, and Rewards Discount Program (including gym membership).
- Meet or exceed your territory sales goals by achieving operational objectives and contributing sales support, information, and recommendations to meet your regions strategic plan.
- A RSM will complete action plans, implement, and support our contracted sales representative’s productivity and growth to plan, which include assisting our company’s personnel, following our standards & procedures, leading problem resolution, completing product promotions, identifying trends, determining regional sales improvements, and implementing approved changes.
- Meet regional sales objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual sales goal with your supervisor to be approved by the executive team.
- Maintain and expands customer base through our sales representatives by building and maintaining rapport with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Communicate sales performance by publishing, tracking, and evaluating representatives progress monthly.
- Accomplish sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed. Including: selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining sales representatives in assigned region.
- In addition: you will communicate project expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing representative contributions; planning and reviewing commission actions through reinforcement of our policies and procedures.
- Update personal knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and weekly communications with supervisor.
- Effectively and efficiently handle all aspects of sales management administration (Forecasting, territory reviews, assigning sales quotas, etc.)
- Work closely with leadership to develop appropriate sales strategies.
- Evaluate and report sales activities within the territory.
- Observe the market, monitor main competitors and report on competitors' activity within the territory
- Evaluate and report on competition activity within the territory.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with customers, suppliers, and employees at all levels.
- Participate in the development of exhibit booths and promotional items.
- Establish and meet sales quotas and objectives, increasing bottom line
- Collaborate closely with the Project Management team to ensure best-in-class customer
- Set up and attend industry trade shows.
- Effectively manage multiple projects/issues simultaneously and administrative duties (call reports, expense reports, and assigned projects).
- Provide information on competition and competitive products, industry trends, and industry information in general.
- Travel to all customers in your region.
- Other duties as assigned.