Market Development Engineer:  Texas (remote)
Manage Lighting Customer sales development in Southeast territory to increase sales and demand creation. Manage territory by understanding Lighting customer base, investigating and supporting new opportunities. Work closely with branch management and sales associates supporting lighting accounts. Work in close collaboration with Arrow Lighting suppliers on current products, new products, customer opportunities and support.
- Responsible for utilizing an advanced understanding of the customer needs and technical leadership expertise to champion return on engineering investment.
- Drive demand creation by maximizing Arrow content on designs. Has an advanced understanding of the customer’s needs and leverage Arrow’s engineering and design services resources to identify & facilitate solutions for customers.
- Apply intermediate technical expertise to influence designs utilizing solution selling, resources, and strategies.
- Partner with the sales team across pre-and post-sales activities, providing more advanced technical support and consulting to promote demand creation. Perform and drive technical calibrations & research with sales, other Arrow departments, and suppliers in support of the customer design. Champion return on engineering investment, design win priorities, initiatives, and promotions by obtaining buy-in and support from sales.
- Attend supplier trainings in person and via conference calls. Demonstrate an intermediate understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of supplier technologies and how those technologies relate to market needs.
- Manage supplier and customer expectations by building and developing relationships, keeping stakeholders up-to-date on activities, plans, and progressing towards initiatives. Deepen and broaden connections with key decision makers within suppliers and customers.
- Strategic role: Attend and actively participate in strategic branch meetings and QBR. Develop and drive strategic technical plans by supplier line or customer solutions. Participate in ArrowEDGE initiatives through branch training and customer calls. Organize engineering customer events. May support design services initiatives.
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Represents the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement
- Contributes to process improvements
- Typically resolves problems using existing solutions
- Provides informal guidance to junior staff
- Works with minimal guidance
Experience / Education
Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
Annual Hiring Range/Hourly Rate:
$128,702.59 - $157,303.17
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. The pay ratio between base pay and target incentive (if applicable) will be finalized at offer.
US-TX-Texas (Remote Employees)
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Arrow COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
Arrow requires employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination by December 1, 2021, for all positions located in CO and for business units within immixGroup and Zeus. All other employees will be required to identify vaccination status by December 1, 2021.