Design Engineer:  Frenchtown, NJ
High End Architectural Lighting manufacturer located in NJ is currently looking to expand our team with a hands on energetic individuals.
The successful candidates as members of Engineering department will interface with operations, project management, sales, purchasing, and the production staff to ensure that the fixture development projects meet design and customer requirements. As part of the responsibilities will create and enter complete and accurate Bill of Materials, document designed parts (sheet metal, die castings, extrusions, etc.) and assemblies with detailed drawings to be used for production, assembly, and installation instructions.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering is highly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office Suite, Proficiency with CAD/SolidWorks software, AGI32
- Ability to create 2D/3D drawings, prototypes of parts and assemblies to evaluate fit and functionality
- Knowledge of BOM’s and other Engineering documentation required
- Knowledge of Lighting Industry and LED technology required
- Basic electrical circuitry knowledge required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and engineer components for LED lighting fixtures
- Create all supporting project documentation including bills of material, internal part numbers, installation sheets, packaging requirements etc.
- Provide technical support to customers and internal departments.
- Modify existing products per customer requirements or based on continuous improvement
- Oversee assigned project workflow and support internal and external resources
- Provide lighting layouts
Interested parties should apply by sending a resume in confidence to email@example.com