Optec LED Lighting, Inc.
Electrical Engineer:  Brookfield, WI
Under the direction of the Vice President, the Electrical Engineer plans, conducts, supervises, and assumes the responsibility for projects of a specialized or advanced nature where detailed knowledge, experience and ability are required. This individual develops and coordinates projects; plans and schedules new projects as well as design improvement and cost reduction efforts on existing products that have major impact on the company’s operation. In addition, the EE monitors projects assigned to others and participates in consultation to evaluate exploratory research, determine design values, feasibility of manufacture and other pertinent considerations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops in-depth knowledge and expertise regarding relevant technology and methods. Keeps informed on new developments in design engineering fields through contacts with educational institutions, professional societies and organizations, perusal of tests, technical papers, journals, and periodicals.
- Provides detailed leadership to other areas of the organization, using advanced skills to achieve “stake holder by in” and a culture of teamwork and constant improvement.
- Works closely with all departments and divisions, within the organization to deploy new technologies as required to assure most efficient methods of design and manufacture considering newest codes and regulatory directives.
- Analyzes and evaluates, test data, field data, and process data to make product improvement recommendations.
- Responsible for creation of product “DFMEA’s” and other “APQP” documentation as required. Assists in the preparation of instruction sheets for catalogs and repair manuals. Reviews company’s publications for accuracy and validity in the representation of products.
- Analyzes and establishes the objectives specifications, procedures, and requirements of each assignment. Develops “hands on” prototypes and tests to validate the design is capable of meeting, project goals and company needs.
- Generates and/or supervises the preparation of all engineering documentation necessary for product release and design archives. This includes, design documentation, time records, sketches, drawings, material specifications, lab results and purchase requisitions.
- A BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent years of related work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in advanced engineering, 2-3 years in the lighting industry or related a related field preferred.
- Must be capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments.
Familiar with and experienced in the use of standard bench equipment such as DMM’s, Oscilloscopes, Power supplies, etc.
- Proficient using Electrical CAD software, Altium Designer preferred, Other systems include Mentor graphics, Orcad, Eagle, Pads Logic, Circuit Works.
- Analog, Digital, Power Electronics Design, Development, and Test.
- Software/Firmware Design, Development, and Test.
- Micro controller Assembly, High Level Languages (C & Variants, Java, .NET, HTML, etc.)
- Embedded Micro controller Application Development.
- Safety Agency Compliance Experience.
- EMC compliance EMC Analysis and design for EMC compliance.
- Electrical CAD and Simulation experience – Mechanical a plus
- Familiar with and experienced in the use of Automated measurement Systems and the analysis of acquired data
This position is a professional engineering position, combined with a “hands-on” environment.
Optec LED Lighting is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please email your resume to Lisa Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.