Optec LED Lighting, Inc.
Mechanical Engineer:  Brookfield, WI
It’s an exciting time to join us in helping to launch our new innovative low glare parking garage luminaire!
This seasoned Mechanical Engineer will be a key contributor to Optec LED’s new product development and design and oversee projects in lighting from concept to production. We prefer candidates with previous lighting or electronics design expertise. This successful ME will be self-motivated to independently complete assigned tasks, and a team player to work closely with other departments ensuring the completion of the new lighting design and introduction to market.
This is a rare and unique position allowing the individual to work across many boundaries including manufacturing engineering. If interested, please read more below and/or contact Lisa Booker at email@example.com to learn more.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains new product development actions summaries or executive summaries and timelines.
- Collaborate with electrical engineer in the design and development of new and existing products and explore new material and new technologies in the lighting industry.
- Design products and develop technical plans based on research ideas and customer requirements.
- Evaluate and specify reasonable and cost-effective tolerance requirements.
- Determine materials, quality, and process requirements to achieve design expectations.
- Perform engineering analysis on new designs and existing products.
- Assist in product certification submissions and audits.
- Document, develop and perform incoming testing procedures for quality control & reliability testing and electrical, mechanical, and environmental tests.
- Produce and maintain technical documents such as bills of material, controlled drawings, user instruction sheets, assembly instruction, and product installation instructions.
- Partner with sales and marketing teams, customers, etc., in preparation of product presentation and technical illustration.
- Support production in terms of developing and procuring fixtures and tooling.
- Provide necessary technical support to suppliers to ensure production quality.
- A BS degree in mechanical engineering or related field and 5+ years of related work experience, preferably in lighting.
- Knowledge of LED and lighting design.
- Competent in basic mechanical design knowledge, theory and testing procedures.
- Effective at multitasking and the ability to deliver quality results on time.
- Excellent problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient using 3D CAD software, preferably SolidWorks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Great communication and teamwork skills. Self-motivated working discipline.
- Fundamental knowledge of lighting simulation software and testing process.
- General understanding of the lighting manufacturing industry operating process.
- Knowledge of aluminum die cast, aluminum extrusion, plastic and metal fabrication processes.
- Knowledge and experience in lighting fixture design or other closely related products.
- Product development related experience in lighting.
- Understanding of manufacturing methods and processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods (die casting, injection molding, extruding
- Project management experience.
This position is a professional engineering position, combined with a “hands-on” environment.
Optec LED Lighting is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please email your resume to Lisa Booker at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.