Lighting Designer - Residential:  Chicago, IL
Our client is a leading retailer of consumer home décor products and lighting. They serve a variety of verticals including luxury residential and hospitality. They are looking for a Lighting Designer to support the design team by creating lighting specifications and layouts.
The Lighting Designer will develop conceptual lighting designs, produce sketches, renderings, and/or models to convey the design concepts. This individual will manage multiple lighting projects with strict deadlines and deliverables.
This Role Offers:
• Competitive base salary plus benefits and bonus potential.
• Ample opportunities for growth and upward mobility as the company continues to grow.
• High visibility within the team and the ability to make an impact on the company’s direction.
• Fast-growing company with 10 new locations expected to open.
• Culture of high performance and quality customer experience.
• Design custom architectural details, custom fixtures, and lighting control systems.
• Calculate lighting levels and layout fixtures for all traditional spaces.
• Create and plan lighting specifications and drawings using software tools such as AutoCAD.
• Support team in creating product and design presentations and presenting to stakeholders.
• Work closely with sales team to provide excellent lighting design services to clients.
• Ensure lighting projects are completed on time, within budget, and with proper documentation.
• Serve as a subject matter expert for lighting and our client’s products.
• Develop and foster relationships with clients, architects, engineers, and designers.
• 5+ years of experience in residential lighting/lighting control system design.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Engineering, Lighting Design, or related discipline.
• Ability to use software tools to produce architectural drawings, such as AutoCAD.
• Demonstrated experience creating lighting plans/schedules/specifications.
• Strong understanding of industry trends and protocols.
• Working knowledge of lighting calculation software such as AGI32, Dialux, or similar a plus.