Project Lighting Designer:  Kansas City, MO
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
- Responsible for all phases of architectural lighting design including client communications, design development and presentation, project design, field observations and aiming.
- Responsible for completion of drawings, details, calculations, documentation, computer renderings, specifications and assisting in marketing presentations.
- Attends on-site visits and client meetings to verify design requirements and delivers progress reviews.
- Originates and develops creative lighting design concepts and the design documents during the design development phase.
- Prepares client presentations and presents lighting design concepts and drawings.
- Ensures the correction and updating of lighting design documents.
- Develops solutions to technical and lighting design detail problems following established standards.
- Assists team leader in ensuring that documentation for all phases conforms to quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
- Responsible for tracking electronic project data and files.
- Provide support to all team members for specific market, discipline, or areas of design expertise.
- May assist in establishing and maintaining lighting project budgeting and scheduling.
- May lead a small team of less senior designers or technicians in developing solutions to technical and design detail problems following established standards.
- May perform as Team Leader on certain projects.
- Facilitates team internal and external project communications.
- Promotes the principles of sustainable design.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Excellent design, visual and graphic presentation skills.
- Knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Proficiency in AGI32 & lighting computational software (AGI32, Elumtools, Radiance).
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Proficiency in Revit/BIM.
- Proficiency in 3D modeling programs (3DMax, Rhino, SketchUp)
- Proficiency in graphic design and image editing software (Adobe Creative Suite)
- Knowledgeable of Sustainable Analysis and Daylighting programs (Ecotect, Daysim, Comfen, DIVA)
- Familiarity with Energy Analysis Software (Comcheck).
- Proficiency in NewForma is preferred.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, architectural engineering, or related field plus 8 years of architectural lighting experience.
- Current registered member of IALD, IESNA or other professional lighting memberships preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
Location: 300 W 22nd St, Kansas City, MO