Lighting Regional Sales Representative - Eastern Territory:  Atlanta, GA
Each member of the Landscape Forms team is expected to actively support the four Scanlon principles and the OnTrac criteria. We believe these are crucial to the success of an individual and the overall success of the company.
This position is responsible for the sales of Landscape Forms’ lighting products and customer satisfaction with a focus on the electrical channel specifiers (lighting designers and electrical engineers) in a specific geographic area. An important function of this position is the establishment of relationships and a familiarity with the lighting and electrical engineering community to promote Landscape Forms Lighting.
As a subject matter expert, this position plays a key role in supporting the ongoing lighting sales efforts of the Business Development Representative’s (BDR) serving the landscape architecture and architectural and design community as well as the appointed lighting agents within the territory.
This individual must possess the ability to build and maintain successful relationships with our external and internal customers to meet both team and company goals. They must have a passion for service, and desire to go above and beyond for our customers. Strong working relationships with other teams are critical to both individual and organizational success. They must possess a keen understanding of lighting, including its technical aspects and application. It is essential to quickly and effectively establish customer rapport, make decisions, consult with team members and solve problems creatively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility at the highest level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Implement the company's Go-To-Market Strategy for Lighting
- Support BDRs in the territory as an expert on the principles of illumination, lighting technology and the electrical channel sales process
- Develop specifications through electrical channel specifiers
- Work closely with the BDRs in the territory to close orders with designated accounts
- Maintain ongoing relationships with major design firms.
- Provide current customers with updated material and production information.
- Support BDR's in the territory on projects closing through the electrical channel
- Promote and increase awareness of Landscape Forms lighting through professional organizations such as American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) and other industry groups.
- Responsible for timely response to leads and inquiries.
- Establish a positive working relationship with the Customer Service Team to maintain successful project and/or territory management.
- Meet or exceed established sales and/or specifications goals.
- Partner with Marketing Department by following up on leads.
- Ability to demonstrate the effectiveness of new lighting product introductions.
- Align pipeline development of lighting agencies with territory sales goals
- Support sales goals and educate customers by delivering product presentations, CEU courses and providing project assistance, either in-person or virtually
- Assist Business Development Team with managing their lighting pipelines to help meet their annual goals.
- Represent Landscape Forms and act as a brand ambassador at industry shows.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education, Experience, and Skills
Undergraduate degree, preferably in Design, Marketing or applicable field. Three to five years successful applicable selling experience in lighting or related/electrical industry. LC Accreditation preferred. Proven history demonstrating initiative, self-direction and creative customer-focused solutions. Open to continual learning to operate in a competitive selling environment.
This position must be skilled in both verbal and written presentations. This position must possess a higher level of communication and reasoning ability, as they are required to work with a variety of disciplines and customer types, both internal and external.
Understanding of photometric software and/or AutoCAD is preferred. Exhibit thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn and operate software programs such as Salesforce.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Work environment varies as office may be home based. As a regional role, significant travel for in person client meetings, product presentations and other activities as required.