facebook-gray.png

Field Service Technician




Meteor Lighting
Field Service Technician:  Flexible location


Founded in 2008 in the City of Industry, California; Meteor Lighting is an architectural lighting manufacturer that focuses on offering technology-driven lighting to inspire the space around us.

The company has several patents and patent-pending technologies such as Colorflip™, Power Line™ technology, and Flicker-Free dimming solutions. At the core is a "Pure Brilliance" design philosophy that combines performance, aesthetics, and technology into all their products. 

The Position

The Field Service Technician provides field project support to ensure that specified Meteor products meet or exceed the requirements of a wide variety of architectural lighting projects. A wide range of technical support activities will be required from field project coordination, field repairs, end-user training and providing remote technical phone support.

The travel requirement for the position is expected to be approximately 80% of the time for onsite project field services, the remaining 20% will be providing remote technical support. In-Depth Internal Technical training will be provided.

The ideal candidate is bright, technical, customer-focused, and self-motivated. The individual must possess a professional attitude, be results-oriented, and demonstrate excellent technical and communication skills. Educational requirements include a degree and/or related work experience. Being a certified electrician is a big plus. This is a home-based position and requires up to 80% overnight travel, based on business needs. There is no restriction on location base.

Key Tasks & Responsibilities

  • Provide on-site technical support to end-users, contractors, specifying engineers, and others.
  • Services include but are not limited to field repairs, troubleshooting, and end-user training.
  • When not at customer sites, responsibilities include providing remote technical support via phone and email to internal and external customers.
  • This position has basic administrative duties including field reports and expense reports.

Desired Qualifications

  • Experience supporting and troubleshooting lighting and lighting controls systems, understanding of DMX protocol is preferred.
  • Experience with troubleshooting electrical systems and the use of electrical diagnostic equipment such as multimeters and oscilloscopes.
  • Must be able to read and understand electrical plans, specifications, and installation documents.
  • Highly organized and able to function in a fast-paced work environment 
  • Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner
  • Process-oriented and creative problem solver

Job Requirements

  • Minimum of 3 years work experience in related field
  • Associates or Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or related field or Technical School Degree
  • Licensed Electrician a big plus
  • Willingness to travel up to 80% of the time.

 

Qualified individuals should submit a resume to: 
Hanson C. | Meteor Lighting
hanson@meteor-lighting.com


Apply Now »




Back to Lighting Jobs List